Why should I get involved?
The Police and Crime Commission has been set up to give a voice to the local community – it gives you the opportunity to help shape policing, criminal justice and community safety in a way that responds to and meets your needs.
Our aim is to make Northamptonshire safer – and we need your help and support to make this happen. The more people who get involved, the more likely we are to succeed.
How can I get involved?
There are many different ways that you can get involved and help shape policing in Northamptonshire, including:
- becoming an independent custody visitor, checking on the welfare of detainees;
- taking part as a member of our residents panel;
- joining an independent advisory group, allowing your views to be considered on a variety of subjects;
- becoming a mystery shopper, and checking the services at local bars and clubs or of the police control room;
- providing advice as a Multi-Agency Public Protection Arrangements Lay Advisor; and
- providing feedback on a specific consultation (please see a list of our current consultations that are running below)
If you’re unsure about any of our initiatives to enable you to get involved with your community through working with the Office of Police and Crime Commissioner, feel free to contact us to discuss opportunities further.
There are no active consultations at this time.
Please view our downloads section for details and results of past consultations.