Adam Simmonds, Police and Crime Commissioner for Northamptonshire, has today signed an Executive Order approving the sale of part of the Wootton Hall Park site, which currently houses Northamptonshire Police Headquarters, to the Secretary of State for Education.
The signing of the Order, which includes the formal acceptance by the PCC of the new Northamptonshire Police Estates Strategy and revised Police and Crime Plan, follows the agreed parameters for the heads of terms for a contract between Mr Simmonds’ Office and the Education Funding Agency (EFA).
Following public consultation on the proposed move from Wootton Hall, and discussions with Northamptonshire Police Chief Constable Simon Edens regarding operational requirements, Mr Simmonds has agreed a provisional timeline in which the force will leave their current headquarters, to enable a more considered exit plan to be developed by Northamptonshire Police.
As contained in the new Estates Strategy, the following changes to the original exit plan have been developed:
- The previously envisaged deadline of June 2016 for the majority of force staff and functions to leave Wootton Hall will now be September 2017
- Transport and fleet management functions will remain at the site for a further year to 2018
- The previously agreed objective to relocate the Northamptonshire Police Control Room from Wootton Hall by June 2017 has been extended to a deadline of April 2020
- Critical IT infrastructure such as the communication mast will remain at Wootton Hall for a longer period, until such time as they are redundant
In line with the above agreed timeframes, Wootton Park School will open on the site this September located in temporary bespoke buildings outside of the force’s secure area, with permanent buildings set to be developed between September 2017 and September 2019, in order to be used by students from the start of the 2019/20 school year.
– Ends –
- For any further information, or for interview requests, please contact Steve Walsh at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling 07944 558 654
- For stock images of Adam Simmonds, please visit: northantsp.cc/PressPicsPR
- To view the Executive Order relating to the sale of part of the Wootton Hall site, the revised Police and Crime plan and relevant appendices, please visit: www.northantspcc.org.uk/governance/executive-orders-2/