The public have a fundamental role at the heart of policing in this country.
The police cannot do their job without engagement and participation from every part of every community, which includes partner agencies across the public health and safety sector. It is fundamental to the principles of policing by consent.
Our areas of focus:
Increasing accessibility to policing in both urban and rural areas, by:
- helping communities take ownership of their areas by strengthening relationships with Neighbourhood Watch, Speedwatch schemes and volunteer groups;
- reinvigorating engagement with community groups by using both traditional and digital methods; and
- improving how volunteers, such as Special Constables, are used within policing.
Increasing the visibility of policing in both urban and rural areas, by:
- providing police officers with technology to allow them to spend more time on the frontline and less time on paperwork; and
- joining forces with partners to collectively increase visibility through new modes of working.