Adam Simmonds publishes overview of the work completed by his Office over the past three years and welcomes nominations for Commissioner’s Award for Outstanding Contribution to Northamptonshire
Police and Crime Commissioner for Northamptonshire, Adam Simmonds, has today released Delivery Report 2015: Making Northamptonshire the Safest Place in England, to outline the work completed by his Office since he was voted in to post.
Yesterday (15th November 2015) marked three years since Mr Simmonds was elected as the first Police and Crime Commissioner for the county and to mark the occasion, he has produced the public-facing booklet in order to show residents of Northamptonshire the work that has been carried out on their behalf.
The magazine – which will be available in public areas such as libraries, doctors surgeries and leisure centres as well as online at www.northantspcc.org.uk/deliveryreport – also invites nominations for the inaugural Commissioner’s Award for Outstanding Contribution to Northamptonshire, which will recognise individuals – one below the age of 24 and one above – who live or work in the county and have:
- Helped their county or fellow residents through one or more extraordinary acts; or
- Significantly contributed to reducing or tackling a long term or persistent problem; or
- Made a sizeable and meaningful impact on other peoples lives within Northamptonshire.
Shortlisted nominees will be invited to a celebratory awards event in March 2016, with the winner receiving their award on the evening from Mr Simmonds. Anyone wishing to nominate someone for this award can do so at www.northantspcc.org.uk/commissionersaward/
Writing to residents of the county in the Deliver Report 2015 booklet, Adam Simmonds, Northamptonshire Police and Crime Commissioner, said:
“At the very heart of my mission as Police and Crime Commissioner is the need to engage with residents; to ask people what matters to them; what they need and then to make sure my team and I do all in our power to respond to this feedback and seek to build a police and criminal justice system that serves Northamptonshire.
“Police and Crime Commissioners are still new to the policing and justice system with developing and wide-ranging powers and it’s been important to me to keep Northamptonshire as aware as possible of exactly what it is we are doing to support our county.
“This booklet captures as succinctly as possible the kinds of things I believe matter and I think you should know about. It’s just another way of keeping in touch and showing how we are supporting you and your community. I hope you find it useful, informative and insightful.”
– Ends –
Notes to editors
- For any further information, or for interview requests, please contact Steve Walsh at email@example.com, or by calling 07944 558 654
- For stock images of Adam Simmonds, please visit: northantsp.cc/PressPicsPR
- Delivery Report 2015: Making Northamptonshire the Safest Place in England can be viewed by visiting www.northantspcc.org.uk/deliveryreport